Before I answer the question on how useful is CAPM certification we need to understand what does CAPM certification mean. CAPM (Certified Associate in project Management) is an entry-level certification by PMI (Project Management Institute) for professionals who are serious about Project Management. The certification implies understanding of fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management. The certification is beneficial for prospective practitioners who are interested in getting a globally recognized certification. The certification shows to the prospective employers on your keenness to master Project Management.
How useful is CAPM Certification
- CAPM certification would provide you with all the skill set to enable you to manage any project.
- It will provide you with the knowledge to prepare and execute projects effectively.
- Skillset that will help you with planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and completing a project successfully.
- CAPM certification would help you take your career to the next level by giving you an edge over your competitors in the field of project management.
- Provide you with the ability to manage and handle larger projects and stand out to potential employers.
- CAPM is especially beneficial for individual who do not possess a lot of experience in project management. It gives you the knowledge to start off your journey in the field of project management.
CAPM certification offers recognition to practitioners who are keen on starting off their career in project management or individuals who already have some experience in project management but would like to get better at mastering their ability for handling complex and larger projects.
CAPM is useful for aspiring project managers as student who are presently enrolled in college or university and want to have project management certification before they graduate so that they can start applying for jobs can get CAPM certification to apply for entry level project management work just after graduation.
CAPM certification is solely based on the PMI framework as explained in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and is a relatively easier test compared to PMP (Project Management Professional) and doesn’t require thousand hours of project management experience as required by PMP. So if you are serious about a career in project management and do not want to spend thousand hours in acquiring project management experience than I believe CAPM Certification is your calling. So what are you waiting for?? Go ahead with CAPM certification.