Six Sigma is a highly-disciplined process that focuses on developing and delivering nearly perfect products and services consistently. Six Sigma is also a management strategy which makes use of statistical tools and project work to achieve breakthrough profitability and achieve best quality. Motorola came up with the Six Sigma concept in the year 1986.
Motorola with the help of Six Sigma saved 940 Million dollars over a period of three years. As per research a Black Belt Project will save on an average 175,000 dollars. Ratio of One Black Belt per 100 employees can provide a 6% cost reduction per year. When organisation reach the Six Sigma quality the defects become so rare that the organisation is able to reach profitability through loyal and happy customers.
Black Belts are official team leaders of enterprise wide projects. Black Belt are a link between the Black Belt project team and the Top Management. They have specific roles and responsibilities in the organisation.
- Mentor – Black Belt in an organisation act as the mentor for all the Green Belt working under him in a particular project. They are responsible to guide them and help them with the smooth functioning of the projects providing timely and effective guidance to green belts to run the project successfully.
- Teacher – Black Belt acts as a teacher training the team members involved in the running of the quality projects. The team members look up to the Black Belt for training and guidance in case of problem solving.
- Coach – Black Belt acts as a Coach to the team members. Monitoring the progress and informing the team members about the methods to improve the performance.
- Identifier – Six Sigma Black Belt as the name suggest are experts in the field of quality management and so they are the ones who are expected to identity opportunities and problems in advance and direct the team members involved in project to work accordingly.
- Influencer – Six Sigma Black Belt are the direct influencers in the organisation who through their expert knowledge advocate management to adopt the Six Sigma Tools and strategy for profitability and success.
iACT Global is a known name in the field of Training and Certification. iACT Global offers individuals as well as organisation with the opportunity to learn about Six Sigma Black Belt and benefit from the knowledge and expertise. Six Sigma Black Belt can contribute substantially to the success of an organisation providing both tangible and intangible benefits. Black Belts provide significant improvement for an organisation both financially and through loyal customers.