Training and Development are two strong pillars for Human Resource Management (HRM). These two areas of Human Resource Management focus on an individual progress to do the specific job well in the organisation and also ensure that the individual keeps growing within the organisation.
What is Training in Human Resource Management (HRM)?
Training simply put refers to providing skills to the employee so that he can do the job efficiently and effectively. So training is a planned process by the organisation which aims at increasing the knowledge, skill and ability of the employee for doing the job well.
Training Process – the training process in an organisation involves these steps:
- Needs Analysis – Identifies the training needs of an employee. This can be done through Task Analysis and Performance Analysis. In task analysis focus is on the elements involved in performing the task. In Performance Analysis focus is on the deficiency of an employee to perform well and how that can be corrected through training.
- Designing the training method- The organisation can use various training methods depending on their requirement and validity for the organisation. Training methods usually used are: Induction training, On the Job Training, Off the job Training, E-Learning and Simulation Training.
- Validation process – The Training methods need to be validated if they are working well for the employee and employee is showing better performance. This validation process can be done on a sample of employees.
- Implementation – It’s the easiest step as the training needs to now be implemented.
- Evaluation – the most important step in training process. This step checks whether all the efforts put in the training are a success or not. If the employee is performing well after the training than that means training process is a success.
Development in Human Resource Management refers to preparing an employee to handle more responsibility and challenge himself. Development is all about shaping the attitude of an employee so that he grows within the organisation and does well for himself and the organisation as a whole. For development of an employee its imperative that the supervisor monitors the progress of a subordinate well.
iACT Global offers courses in Training and Development which can be utilized by both individuals and organisation for mutual success. iACT Global helps an organisation to understand the importance of training and development as a deciding factor to ensure the employees utilize their full potential and stay happy and focused in the organisation. A happy employee means a happy organisation.